– Written by Jessica Marti
Some say diamonds are a girls best friend, but I beg differ; Skin is always In! Radiance, Supple, Dew and Glow…these words are not a fad, they are as classic as a Chanel quilt woven bag, truly timeless.
Spritz a hydrating mist on your face after applying foundation; then apply powder highlight while your skin is still moist for a ‘super-model’ glow.
Recommended Spritzer: Maya Water Facial Mist Organic Goji
- Maya Water Organic Goji Facial Mist consists of Norwegian thermal spa water along with organic goji.
- Contains fabulous anti-oxidants for the skin, prevents and repairs sun damage, and also helps fight wrinkles and skin discoloration.
- Naturally pH neutral, odor-free, and suitable for all skin types.
- Specially designed nozzle is made to produce the finest mist available which allows the skin to absorb the water immediately.
- Norwegian Spring used for Maya Water Facial Mist has been studied, tested and approved for use by hydrologists, owing to its extremely low mineral content and stable temperature throughout the year.
- Fine spray allows the skin to absorb the water immediately, helping to nourish, cleanse and apply moisture on bare skin, or over your make up.
To purchase, visit their Website below:
Recommended Powder: ‘Hourglass’ Ambient Lighting Powder
There are six shades in all: Ethereal Light, Diffused Light, Mood Light, Luminous Light, Dim Light and Radiant Light. In my opinion the latter two are best suited to ‘medium-dark’ skin tones, whereas the former four are perfect for ‘light-medium’ skin tones- which makes them perfect for me! lol
- Ethereal Light eliminates shine and mimic a moonlit glow—even in broad daylight.
- Diffused Light reduces redness, eliminates shine, and gives skin clarity.
- Luminous Light creates a soft, incandescent candlelit glow—day or night.
- Mood Light mimics the softest most-forgiving light and reveals your brightest complexion.
- Dim Light (not pictured) is the perfect balance of warm and cool tones, to blur imperfections and bring to light your most radiant complexion.
- Radiant Light (not pictured) extends a summer glow, or enhances your overall complexion with a believable, subtle warmth.
The silk veil texture is unlike any I have encountered and consistent across all of the powders in spite of the different finishes. Although these are grouped together as all-over finishing powders I don’t think they should all be used the same way. Ethereal and Diffused Light are suitable for all over the face, but the powders with more iridescence, albeit extremely subtle, may be overpowering and are best suited as highlighters. Also, Ambient Powders should not be confused with or replace oil control powders and should be applied at the very end of your makeup routine so that you do not minimize their effect.
‘Hourglass’ can be found at your local Sephoras.
For more Fashion #411 check out Jessica Marti Online @: